Hello there,
I am developing sharepoint web site with ASP.NET .
Stucked in home page design [didn't found home page].
I found default.master.aspx file but it changes all pages design.

You have any idea ?

googled out but didn't find nearby result. :(

regards

Hello there,
I am developing sharepoint web site with ASP.NET .
Stucked in home page design [didn't found home page].
I found default.master.aspx file but it changes all pages design.

You have any idea ?

googled out but didn't find nearby result. :(

regards

The page you are trying to modify default.master.aspx is a master page, hence changes made to this page will be applicable to all pages. You just need to edit home page code. The home page name may be something like default.aspx, index.aspx etc

The page you are trying to modify default.master.aspx is a master page, hence changes made to this page will be applicable to all pages. You just need to edit home page code. The home page name may be something like default.aspx, index.aspx etc

thanks for your reply,
but tried to found default.aspx / index.aspx , searched out lot of pages from sharepoint but all are of controls folder {didn't contains home page} :(

I found alternate solution -

To change the Welcome page of a site, do the following:

On the Site Actions menu , point to Site Settings, and then click Modify All Site Settings.
NOTE If no menu appears when you point to Site Settings, click Site Settings to open the Site Settings page.

On the Site Settings page, under Look and Feel, click Welcome page.
In the Welcome Page section, click Browse to find the Welcome Page that you want to use for the site, and then double-click the item to select it.
Click OK.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointserver/HA101577851033.aspx

I tried that but that welcome page is only editable and viewable by ADMINISTRATOR.
worthless if not viewable by all users.

regards,
Arun

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.