Member Avatar for ee96ddo

i have an account with godaddy and they tell me my absolute path is d:\hosting\username\
if i have a file on my computers c: drive how would i upload it to mydata directory on the server using php.
straightforward uploading is ok because i just copy and paste into ftp://mysite.co.uk but this needs my password.
I just want to upload the file from the webpage, process it and then not even bother saving it as all the info will have gone into a database file.
Any help will be appreciated as I think i have exhausted all the combinations of pathnames that i can think of.

Thanks.

i have an account with godaddy and they tell me my absolute path is d:\hosting\username\
if i have a file on my computers c: drive how would i upload it to mydata directory on the server using php.
straightforward uploading is ok because i just copy and paste into ftp://mysite.co.uk but this needs my password.
I just want to upload the file from the webpage, process it and then not even bother saving it as all the info will have gone into a database file.
Any help will be appreciated as I think i have exhausted all the combinations of pathnames that i can think of.

Thanks.

If I were you, I would take a couple of hours reading the different posts and experiences on this page: http://php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php

Once you are satisfied that you have the knowledge required to do this securely, you can probably cut and paste most of what you need right from there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.