i have an account with godaddy and they tell me my absolute path is d:\hosting\username\
if i have a file on my computers c: drive how would i upload it to mydata directory on the server using php.
straightforward uploading is ok because i just copy and paste into ftp://mysite.co.uk but this needs my password.
I just want to upload the file from the webpage, process it and then not even bother saving it as all the info will have gone into a database file.
Any help will be appreciated as I think i have exhausted all the combinations of pathnames that i can think of.

Thanks.

Contributors
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by OS_dev

i have an account with godaddy and they tell me my absolute path is d:\hosting\username\
if i have a file on my computers c: drive how would i upload it to mydata directory on the server using php.
straightforward uploading is ok because i just copy and paste into ftp://mysite.co.uk but this needs my password.
I just want to upload the file from the webpage, process it and then not even bother saving it as all the info will have gone into a database file.
Any help will be appreciated as I think i have exhausted all the combinations of pathnames that i can think of.

Thanks.

If I were you, I would take a couple of hours reading the different posts and experiences on this page: http://php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php

Once you are satisfied that you have the knowledge required to do this securely, you can probably cut and paste most of what you need right from there.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.