Having a bit of trouble here.
I know that if you want to use a fileupload control inside an AJAX update panel then you need to create a trigger for the control that performs the uploading postback to the updatepanel, but the problem is, I have an update panel that contains web usercontrols. I therefore can't add a trigger to the control(FileUpload) directly because it exists in the web control.

Does anyone know a way round this?

thanks in advance........

Having a bit of trouble here.
I know that if you want to use a fileupload control inside an AJAX update panel then you need to create a trigger for the control that performs the uploading postback to the updatepanel, but the problem is, I have an update panel that contains web usercontrols. I therefore can't add a trigger to the control(FileUpload) directly because it exists in the web control.

Does anyone know a way round this?

thanks in advance........

Hi I think below website may helpful to you.

http://bytes.com/topic/asp-net/answers/815026-file-upload-inside-usercontrol-inside-updatepanel

Another thing is i think you can also put the Update panel and other ajax stuff and fileupload control in your user control. create post back trigger, and define delegate and event inside user control. And then use this in your aspx page.

I guess it will work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.