Hi guys! I'm just trying to look at a php page on my local webserver. It was working fine yesterday. Now php files just display as whatever text is in the file. Since yesterday, I've installed GD. So I guess that's what broke it. So....what should I do now?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me. I'm pulling my hair out just trying to do what seems like basic stuff.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

1. code not between php tags (not likely)
2. page doesn't have .php extension (not likely)
3. PHP installation on server affected negatively (probably)

Maybe the hosting support can help you.

It sounds as though you may have screwed your HTML service (Apache or whatever.)

Check the configuration file where you made the change to introduce GD and comment out the change. Restart the service and check is the PHP files are being pre-processed. If everything is back to normal then the problem lies in the change you made.

It sounds as though you may have screwed your HTML service (Apache or whatever.)

Check the configuration file where you made the change to introduce GD and comment out the change. Restart the service and check is the PHP files are being pre-processed. If everything is back to normal then the problem lies in the change you made.

I'm not sure which file you mean. I used ./configure && make && make install to compile and install GD. How do I do what you're saying and why is this so difficult? This is driving me crazy.

Without knowing more details of your setup (OS, HTML server etc) it's very difficult to make sensible suggestions to help you.

Have you tried recompiling your HTML server without GD, and making sure that PHP is included into the server?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.