Hello all, I'm hoping to get at least a pointer in the right direction here.

Long story short, I've got a DB that I'm displaying information from. I'm doing so using a GridView under a TabContainer / UpdatePanel.

Everything works fine, except one weird point - if you click on a row of displayed data, you get a proper postback, and you are brought to the item's information page.

If I navigate via the menu back to the page containing the TabContainer, all is well.

HOWEVER, if I click on my browser's back button, I get an invalid cast error if I click on another product.

Now, if I click on the tab again (even though I'm already on that tab - I store the tabIndex via a cookie) all works fine.

Any ideas why the back button would cause this behavior? I'm relatively new to this, so if you need more information, please ask!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

..... if you need more information, please ask!

Like mentioning that this is an ASP.NET question? At least, that's what I assume from the word "Gridview" :S

I think you will have more luck in the ASP.NET forum. It doesn't sound like a raw AJAX/Javascript thing.

Airshow

Like mentioning that this is an ASP.NET question? At least, that's what I assume from the word "Gridview" :S

I think you will have more luck in the ASP.NET forum. It doesn't sound like a raw AJAX/Javascript thing.

Airshow

Alright, I'll post over there after I get my rear in to work. Thanks!

Alright, I'll post over there after I get my rear in to work. Thanks!

:cool: and good luck,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.