HI, I am looking a snippet to warn the user before processing with deletion and my ViewEmployees.aspx page.. I am using a Gridview with autogenerated insert, delete statements; how would I do this on my Code Behind File?

<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" 
        AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" CellPadding="4" 
        DataKeyNames="EmployeeID" DataSourceID="AccessDataSource1" ForeColor="#333333" 
        GridLines="None">
        <RowStyle BackColor="#F7F6F3" ForeColor="#333333" />
        <Columns>
            <asp:BoundField DataField="EmployeeNumber" HeaderText="Employee Number" 
                SortExpression="EmployeeNumber" />
            <asp:BoundField DataField="Name" HeaderText="Name" SortExpression="Name" />
            <asp:BoundField DataField="Position" HeaderText="Position" 
                SortExpression="Position" />
            <asp:BoundField DataField="EmployeeSince" HeaderText="Employee Since" 
                SortExpression="EmployeeSince" />
            <asp:BoundField DataField="BusinessUnit" HeaderText="Business Unit" 
                SortExpression="BusinessUnit" />
            <asp:CommandField ShowDeleteButton="True" ShowEditButton="True" 
                ShowSelectButton="True" />
        </Columns>
        <FooterStyle BackColor="#5D7B9D" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />
        <PagerStyle BackColor="#284775" ForeColor="White" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
        <SelectedRowStyle BackColor="#E2DED6" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="#333333" />
        <HeaderStyle BackColor="#5D7B9D" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />
        <EditRowStyle BackColor="#999999" />
        <AlternatingRowStyle BackColor="White" ForeColor="#284775" />
    </asp:GridView>

Code Behind

Protected Sub GridView1_RowDeleting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewDeleteEventArgs) Handles GridView1.RowDeleting

'Delete Warning 

End Sub

HI, I am looking a snippet to warn the user before processing with deletion and my ViewEmployees.aspx page.. I am using a Gridview with autogenerated insert, delete statements; how would I do this on my Code Behind File?

GridLines="None">
        <Columns>
        </Columns>

Code Behind

Protected Sub GridView1_RowDeleting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewDeleteEventArgs) Handles GridView1.RowDeleting

'Delete Warning 

End Sub

Hello,

check out this link that contains example of what you want.

You can download the sample source code from here. Also check out video provided there :)

I hope this helps!! :)

GridLines="None">
        <Columns>
        </Columns>

Code Behind

'Delete Warning 

End Sub

Hello,

check out this link that contains example of what you want.

You can download the sample source code from here. Also check out video provided there :)

I hope this helps!! :)

Actually I am looking to do this in javascript or vb , dont want to mess to much in ajax. can you please explain what do I change on my code above ??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.