Hi fellow devs, not sure if this is the right place to post but I wanted to share my application with you, in the hope that it may be useful to someone if you are developing a website and need an off the shelf gallery...

xFlow! (http://xflow.pwhitrow.com) is a gallery application that has been built to answer the internet's demand for a fully functional Coverflow style gallery, that isn't written in Flash or jQuery.

Written in pure PHP and Javascript, it's a breeze to setup and administer, and boasts a wealth of features…

Main features:

* Creates all thumbnails in PHP to reduce overall Javascript memory requirement (other galleries use Javascript image reflection scripts)
* Items are aligned in a curved plain to aid perspective affect
* Items psuedo fade as they move back out of focus
* Galleries are housed in their own directories for SEO enhancement
* Each gallery is controlled by an XML file in RSS format to enable linking and following of individual galleries by RSS subscription (example)
* Import Flickr photo streams
* Import YouTube video streams
* A 'sitemap' file is produced using the recognised sitemaps.org protocol for enhanced SEO purposes
* Images can be watermarked during upload process to make image theft more difficult, and to promote your own work
* Apply image effects (Sepia, Greyscale) to images
* Images can be resized during upload
* Images can be rotated during upload
* Images or videos can be uploaded from a local source (your machine/device) or a remote location (another website)
* Other galleries can be displayed as tiny thumbnails or standard links at the bottom
* Automatically creates a unique favicon for each gallery
* Built in custom image viewer (NOT Lightbox!)
* Display items in first to last or last to first order
* Mouse wheel support in gallery and viewer
* Lazy loading (preloading) of main images in the background for slick image browsing
* Individual titles and descriptions for all items
* Items can be shifted around until you get the order you want
* Fully customisable gallery options per individual gallery
* Automaticalley create a gallery from an uploaded ZIP archive of images & videos
* Automaticalley create a gallery from a directory of images or videos, or a combination of both
* Language support
* Easy to re-style with a single style sheet
* Supports GIF, JPEG and PNG image formats
* Supports Flash Video (FLV) video format

Bonus features:

* FREE UPGRADES!
* xFlow! validates to XHTML 1.0 STRICT
* xFlow! is compatible with the latest browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari)
* xFlow! is built to the latest W3C standards

I hope it can be of some use.

Paul
http://xflow.pwhitrow.com

Member Avatar for diafol

Sounds like you're advertising, perhaps better to put it in "Show Off Your Projects".

You fail to mention that it's not free. The site mentions making a donation. No - a donation is voluntary to my mind. You're selling a product for a set fee, not asking for donations.

It looks good by the way, but there are a few equally good galleries available for free. OK, they may use jQuery, but that's pretty irrelevant for most people. You yourself have used JS, so I don't really see much difference.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.