if(loggedin()){
        echo "You are already logged in.";
    } else {
        if($_POST['submit']){
            if($_POST['username'] && $_POST['password']) {
                $username = $_POST['username'];
                $password = $_POST['password'];
                $password = md5($password);
                $res = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE username='$username'");
                if(mysql_num_rows($res) == 0){
                    echo "Utilizator inexistent, click <a href='index.php?act=register'>aici</a> pentru inregistrare.";
                    exit();
                }
                $row = mysql_fetch_assoc($res);
                if($row['password'] == $password) {
                    if(@$_POST['remember' == "on"]) {
                        setcookie('username', $username,time()+36000);
                        echo "You have been logged in,<a href='index.php'>click here</a> to continue.";
                    } else {
                        $_SESSION['username'] = $username;
                        echo "You have been logged in,<a href='index.php'>click here</a> to continue.";
                    }
                } else {
                    echo "Incorrect password.";
                }
            }
        } else {

?>
Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Szabi Zsoldos
$username = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['username']);

Because you're hashing the pw before it is used in any mysql, perhaps mysql_real_escape_string not so impt for this field. However, every other field should be escaped - even integers. Forms and headers can be spoofed so you can't even rely on what you assume to be your 'own safe values'.

Thank you ardav,

What do you mean by escaping integers as well ? I escaped the password and the username, what else should i escape ?

>Thank you ardav,

What do you mean by escaping integers as well ? I escaped the password and the username, what else should i escape ?

You should escape everything - everything that has been touched by an external source (querystring/cookie/form). Clean all variables pasted into an SQL statement. It will not affect numeric data - so it is safe to use.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.