Hello everyone,

I have a little problem using WMServer tools, I get this error when I go to localhost in my browser:

Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in C:\WM\www\index.php on line 118

Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): A link to the server could not be established in C:\WM\www\index.php on line 118

I have also installed EasyPHP (and I use one of them at time, of course).

I need WMST to use the sendmail script that goes included with it, but the problem is that when I start WMST doesn't works mysqld-nt. Only start the process in the process list, but this dissapears and remais offline (Apache it's OK).

┬┐Does somebody knows how to solve this problem? (I could think that is a problem related to the two instalations of MySQL, the one of EasyPHP and the one of WMST)

Thanks in advance.

Contributors
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Troy

Your problems are beyond the typical. They are quite specific to your configuration--this makes it difficult to help you. I've never heard of WMServer Tools, but I just looked it up--still not sure what it is, but it does not sound like it includes MySQL. Instead, it seems like a set of tools that complement a WAMP system. (Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP)

I'm not sure if this will help you at all, but I wrote a newbie's WAMP HOWTO. It is available at http://www.troywolf.com/articles. If you follow my HOWTO step-by-step, you'll end up with a system with Apache, PHP, MySQL, and phpMyAdmin configured and tested. If you do decide to use my HOWTO, you should uninstall all forms of Apache, PHP, MySQL before you start--clean the slate. Always reboot after uninstalling any program.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.