Hi,
I am not familiar with JavaScript very well, but despite the fact that where it says "enable" in "internet options" I checked the box, most of the sites still don't work. What could be the problem and how to fix it?
THANKS in advance,

-Roza

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You'll have to be a bit more specific. What sites "dont' work"? What doesn't "work" about them? What OS are you using? What browser? Version?

You'll have to be a bit more specific. What sites "dont' work"? What doesn't "work" about them? What OS are you using? What browser? Version?

I use Internet Explorer 5.
A lot of sites that require Javascript don't work, I can't see graphics. I can't even login to webmail.aol.com. What happens is: it says "done" but the page is not loaded. When I try to enlarge pictures on certain sites,by clicking on them, it doesn't work.

That doesn't sound like a JavaScript problem. If it were, you'd get a little yellow "error" icon on the status bar (bottom of) your page, that mentioned "JavaScript error" or "page loaded but with errors", something like that.

Try the standard troubleshooting techniques: clear your cache, delete all your cookies, install all the latest OS and browser patches, stop using AOL, get FireFox, etc.

That doesn't sound like a JavaScript problem. If it were, you'd get a little yellow "error" icon on the status bar (bottom of) your page, that mentioned "JavaScript error" or "page loaded but with errors", something like that.

Try the standard troubleshooting techniques: clear your cache, delete all your cookies, install all the latest OS and browser patches, stop using AOL, get FireFox, etc.

It happens with almost any site that I visit that uses "java" I think. For example, when I click on the picture to enlarge it, in the lower left corner near explorer icon it says:" java[void]", and of course no enlarged picture. I tried clearing my cache and deleting cookies...nothing changed.

Java and JavaScript are not at all the same thing. If you're going to sites that require Java, you'll need to install a Java Virtual Machine. Search the web using that phrase.

If you're indeed having JavaScript problems, then try adjusting your Internet Security settings to "low" or "no security" as a test.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.