cwigginton 0 Newbie Poster

I have recently been tasked to do an ASP to ASP.Net conversion for a wrapper application that presents a list of links to a user. Each link opens another application written in a different language (SAS), which streams back HTML code through a broker process to the browser.

I've gotten the links to work, and they open the applications as the ASP wrapper did, with the exception of any streamed HTML that includes FRAMESET tags. My preference would be to just port the applications to .Net, but the client is adamant that the SAS code remains the same.

What is happening is that the streamed HTML is producing blank HTML pages (i.e., simply containing a single, empty HTML tag).

I know that I "should avoid frames in .Net" -- that's the wisdom that I'm continually running up against in internet forums and other pages I've looked at. I cannot, however, do this.

Am I screwed? Is there another option? Anyone had to do this before?

Thanks!
Chuck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.