Hey,

Umm, I'm New to this Forum ... and extremely New to ASP.Net ... have some insight into C# though

I was trying to make a website on ASP .. now the problem is, when we access a website 'Index.html' is the first thing that is accessed, but what is in the case of ASP.Net ?

i.e, I build the default project, run it and it shows ok on my Localhost ... but which files to upload on ftp ?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

go with Publish functionality provided by .Net...

Right click on your web site, click on Publish option, it will show you the dialog box..
now select the location where you want to publish your web site and select necessary options and it will work for you..

Also on your server IIS you need to do some settings.
===========================================================================================

Hey,

Umm, I'm New to this Forum ... and extremely New to ASP.Net ... have some insight into C# though

I was trying to make a website on ASP .. now the problem is, when we access a website 'Index.html' is the first thing that is accessed, but what is in the case of ASP.Net ?

i.e, I build the default project, run it and it shows ok on my Localhost ... but which files to upload on ftp ?

aaah, stupid me

Thanks a million :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.