hi friends,

i am new for asp with ajax...
when i use ajax controls in my asp page like ScriptManager || UpdatePanel , there is a error message show,that asp components are not recognized...Then I search in google for get help,They told me set ajaxcontroltoolkit in my web application...
I am use VS 2005..

how i set ajaxcontroltoolkit in my web application... Please help me..
Thank U

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

PS

I was download ajaxcontroltoolkit...Now what am i do..How i set this to the my web application

PS

when i was set ajaxcontroltoolkit to VS tool box using following instructions

http://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/act.ashx

but there was a error message occur like this ...

There was an error loading types from assembly 'G\AJAX\toolKit\AjaxContalToolKit.dll' 'Could not load file or assembly' System.web.Extension,version=3.5.0.0, culture=neutral,PublicKeyTorken=315435435ead' or noe of its dependencies. the system cannot find the file specification.'

What am I do... Please help me .. Thanks Friends

thanks dnanetwork for replied....But I did not solve my problem...
When i give the parth to the ajaxcontroltoolkit There is the error message show,what i describe in my second Re. What am i do please help me Thanks Friends

could u tell me in brief how do u install the Ajax Control Toolkit..?

i did not install ajax control toolkit..only i did download that package via http://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/download.ashx
and follow instractions in
http://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/act.ashx

just folow the steps hope it will work

1.dwonload ajax tool kit
2.then open visualstudio and application on which u want to work for ajax
3.open solution explorer
4.right click on second option from the top it woiuld be like this e:/jamshed/ajaxuse
5.then go to add refrence
6.brows the dll that you have downloaded and press ok
7.open tollkit and go to addtab option name it what ever u want
8.and the right click on tab that u have added and go to add new items
9.then brow dll and press ok dll will be install on you system

and mark as solved if you get it done

Add this code below <@page> i.e top line of the page

<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

Do visit http://www.pcquerry.blogspot.com/

thank U jamshed ahmed & MARKAND911

jamshed ahmed What am I do after 8 step,what u represent in Ur solution..
I did not understand...could u explain again please :D

PS Becouse When I follow 9th step there is the erro occur[message Box show]
with
There was an error loading types from assembly 'G\AJAX\toolKit\AjaxContalToolKit.dll' 'Could not load file or assembly' System.web.Extension,version=3.5.0.0, culture=neutral,PublicKeyTorken=315435435ead' or noe of its dependencies. the system cannot find the file specification.'

PS when i follow 9 step...There is the error Occur [message box show]

help me

PS when i follow 9 step...There is the error Occur [message box show]

help me

which .net frame work u r using try to search dll according to ur .net frame work

Toolkit version 3.5.20229 is only for users who are building on top of .NET Framework 3.5using Visual Studio 2008. If you are using .NET Framework 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005 then you should use Toolkit version 1.0.20229.

i am use 2005 vs
what is the version of 2005 VS ?

OK jamshed ahmed i will try that

Friend jamshed ahmed
could u give me a link for download 1.0.20229..
becouse every where has 3.5.20229 link
thank you

dear friend, I use your link for download Ajax toolkit...But there is a setup file download..is this download correct..or wht am i do next

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.