I need to host a temporary website at my home PC for a small project that will include Asp.Net

i am running Windows 7 at home, can any one help me out there ?
is it even possible ?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi,

Don't know about windows 7, but you can host a site using Apache (which works on Windows, and is the World's # 1 web server software) and some additional software for ASP (I noted some freeware for ASP on the web, but I am a Java and JSP person so...). You will need to purchase a static IP address(a bit expensive) OR use a service which provides you with a static IP address (for a fee[cheap]; try tzo.com).

Apache is free by the way, and not that hard to set up. Attaching the software for ASP could be a problem however. Be brave!

Regards

John S
[currently] Nanning. China

cool but ummm, isn't there any way we can host a website, may not even need a static IP, cauz all i want to do is a small project , to show it to the other person i'll tell the ip and that person connects

aspspider.info....provides free hosting 4 3 months..
check out there terms and conditions..

hope that helps

If you just want to show them the project on your computer (, no problem. Once on the Internet, you need a static IP address or (as dnanetwork mentioned) to work off somebody else's web server. That may be your best option (as they have a web server/application server which is already set up. If you want to run your own web/application server (and have significant time to set them up), you need a static IP address (same as you need a fixed address to get your home mail). Most ISPs do not provide static IP addresses (they assign IP addresses on connection).

Regards

John S
Currently Nanning China

Oh cool , Thanks a lot man :)

"aspspider.info" save my day

Thanks alot again :)

cool.. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.