Hi all,

I have made a web-service in php. I had run a load test on the same by using testing tool Jmeter. And got the result in as graph, please help me to analyze the graph. It shows 3 important parameters that are 1)Deviation, 2) Median and 3) Average. Please help to understand how those parameters affect the performance of the web-service ?

Thanks in advance

Dipu

Contributors
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dmitri_1

As per The Load Reports guide:

Average is the average time of a set of results.
Median is a number which divides the samples into two equal halves. Half of the samples are smaller than the median, and half are larger. [Some samples may equal the median.] This is a standard statistical measure. The Median is the same as the 50th Percentile.
Standard Deviation is a measure of the variability of a data set. This is a standard statistical measure. See, for example: Standard Deviation entry at Wikipedia. JMeter calculates the population standard deviation (e.g. STDEVP function in spreadheets), not the sample standard deviation (e.g. STDEV).

Hope this helps

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.