Just a quick question...

I was wondering if there is a way of coding, in PHP, that I can have possibly mail(.......) send out a response email, as soon as it receives an email!?

Unfortunately, the mailserver we have doesn't do auto-responders, and I just even simply need a small text file, not anything close to what these auto-responder softwares are offering!

Any and all help is appreciated!

--- Charles!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You would have to scan your imap/pop3 server, read the e-mail address, and reply using your e-mail server. So the script would be broken up into two parts. The first is the one that reads the imap/pop3 server, than the other part would be where it gets that e-mail address and sends out an e-mail. You can find code to do both by searching the php.net or hotscripts.com. Search for keywords like "send mail" and "receive mail" or something to that effect.

If you want it to run automatically, you can set up a cron job to run whatever script you make.

You would have to scan your imap/pop3 server, read the e-mail address, and reply using your e-mail server. So the script would be broken up into two parts. The first is the one that reads the imap/pop3 server, than the other part would be where it gets that e-mail address and sends out an e-mail. You can find code to do both by searching the php.net or hotscripts.com. Search for keywords like "send mail" and "receive mail" or something to that effect.

If you want it to run automatically, you can set up a cron job to run whatever script you make.

Well, I actually wouldn't have to scan the incoming, because --- well, here's the deal...

Users come to our website and fill out a registration form... I would like to be able to, once they send the form, send them an email back with information on how to register for the event, etc.. Here's a better breakdown...

1) Users come and fillout 12abc.php.
2) Upon validation and suceess, they get sent to 123def.php (text file)

3) ** Would like for a php script to send them an email at this time with information on whatever... Is this possible by doing to mail() back to back!? the first mail going to mail(var1,var2,var3,var4), then turning right around and completing another mail(var,var5)?

--- Charles!

If you're asking if there would be problems running two consecutive mail() statements, the answer is no. There's no problem. Check http://us4.php.net/mail for a function that wraps the mail() and its initialization.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.