Hi,

I wonder if anyone on this list has tried to mix numerical variable, such as 1, 2,3 within an xpath expression.

songList = document.SelectNodes("/music_songs/song[category='" & drop1.SelectedItem.Text & "'][item_number_first<=position()<=item_number_last]")

For some reason, item_number_first and item_number_last appear to have no value in the above code snippet, when they do have values they get printed as in the following: mess.Text += "Items for page " & page_no & " is: " & item_number_first & " to " & item_number_last & "<br />"

Could anyone please give me some hints on what to modify here to make the numerical data be able to mix within my selectNodes function? Thanks for your help.

I just found that if I do 1=<position()<=10 does not bring me the results between positions 1 and 10. So, if I want to do that, what kind of expression would I need to use?

Thanks for your help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.