Hello people, I have developed a web application with ASP.Net 2.0 (VB Code Behind) and I am using My SQL as database. I have an issue I need your help with:

I wish to sell the web application from my other website to multiple users. What would you suggest to be the best way to deliver this application? Fact is I can compile the front end script and provide the compiled version but I am not sure how to provide the associated MySQL database to them. I need to make sure that the buyers are not able to alter any code in the application or modify the preset data in the MySQL database. I do not wish to use the Setup Based deployment method as it will require the buyers to have administrative rights on the server, which may not be available on shared hosting.

But at the same time they must be able to get the web application up and running with minimal effort. I must be honest with you that I have developed only HTML based static websites till now and this would the first time I am launching an ASP.Net application so your suggestions are highly applauded.

Thank you for your help.

David

Read this very intriguing article.

First part is the basics you may want to skip ahead to the second part.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.