How to show a txt box? Basically I'm a newbie at this, done c++ console writing for a year now and moved on to win32. I've made a new project in .Net 2003... got it to load and have a close button using the following code:

private: System::Void button1_Click(System::Object *  sender, System::EventArgs *  e)
			 {

this->show("hello");
				 this->Close();

}

I thought it would be similar to c++ but its not, so how could i create a windows dialog that says hello?

How to show a txt box? Basically I'm a newbie at this, done c++ console writing for a year now and moved on to win32. I've made a new project in .Net 2003... got it to load and have a close button using the following code:

private: System::Void button1_Click(System::Object * sender, System::EventArgs * e)
			 {

this->show("hello");
				 this->Close();

}

I thought it would be similar to c++ but its not, so how could i create a windows dialog that says hello?

Hi,
If you want to show new dialog, first u have to create another form object. If you want to show the MessageBox, here you go.

private: System::Void button1_Click(System::Object * sender, System::EventArgs * e)
			 {

MessageBox->show("hello");
				 this->Close();

}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.