Sorry it's me again :-O
I am in the middle of creating a download/upload management script.
Currently it has one upload method HTTP upload via HTML form which obviously is not good as users would be restricted by the PHP max upload size and script timeout issues and so on.
1) I hope this does not sound stupid, but can someone tell me if PHP built in ftp functions is also restricted to the max upload size etc in the php.ini :icon_question:
2) When uploading via ftp using php is the script dependant on the script timout etc that is also set in the php.ini :icon_question:
Sorry if these questions sound stupid.
3) Also i was reading on php.net/manual that php ftp functions are part of the php Windows enviroment also, so there is no need to install anything extra. I here so much about HTTP upload having problems with windows servers, will php ftp functions combat most problems that is occured using HTTP upload with windows server, like file paths etc, the script is going to be shared with people so need to ensure i can make it as compatible as possible. :icon_question:
4) In php is there a little script i can make to first check if php has ftp enabled, if so how do i do this check :icon_question:
5) When uploading via php ftp, will my php scripts be required to chmod the files beforehand so they can be renamed, deleted, edited via php, as the files will may need to be at somepoint renamed, edited, deleted etc :icon_question: ...
as i have been reading and from what i think i can understand that if a file is uploaded via ftp including php ftp a php script won't be able to do anything with the file, i am confused by this, so if anyone could explain in more detail that would be a great help.
Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for any replies, much appreciated.