just re-installed easyphp5.3.2

it seems i can't reach my mysql db to create one... keeps on givin me this error when i try

-----------
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: yes)

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
-----------

now i go throught the config.ini.php file and regardless what i change it does the same old same... getting frustrated now...

can anyone help me here???

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

A few thoughts:

* Did you install it outside of the normal program directories (ie not in Program Files or Program Files(x86)). It works best when put somewhere else.

* Did you check that the php.ini has the mysql.dll extension uncommented and that mysql.dll is in the php extensions directory. In at least one previous version, MySQL was not set up as a default.

* You may want to check the EasyPHP forum at: EasyPHP for pertinent comments.

* Version 5.3.3 is released. It might be worth trying that one instead.

well i checked out the mysql.dll and it looks like this:

;extension=php_mssql.dll
extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll

take it the ';' comments the extension out.

i then re-installed easyphp5.3.2i on the C:/ not in program files.
the only difference is that now it says there is no password.

---
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
---

any other idea's????? or have i done somthing wrong?

Just to be really clear about what is going on: Did you start EasyPHP before you tried to access MySQL. If you did start it then you should see the MySQL status panel that shows the status of Apache and MySQL. For each one there is a traffic light that goes to green when everything is connected. What are you seeing when you start EasyPHP. Does Apache go to green and MySQL stays red? Have you looked in the MYSQL log and if so are there any MySQL messages that are pertinent. There should also be a message in the status panel.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.