Sorry for the duplicate post...

I just posted an AJAX forms generator that will read a MYSQL table, allow you to define how the fields are treated and then generate the necessary HTML, Javascript and PHP files to implement the form.

You end up with a complete and working form backed by code thats very easy to modify and enhance and is certainly ready to deploy... you just add graphics!

I need some people to give it a try... AND give me some feedback!

http://www.philpetree.com/ajaxforms

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by somedude3488

After selecting a table, it brings me to tableparam.php which has a few errors. On line 20 of the tableparam.php file you have the variable $database which doesn't exist.

I am also getting:

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\programming\stillwaters\public_html\forms\inc\mysqlAjaxForm.class.php on line 88

genform.php also has the $database variable error, along with an fopen error because the directory 'html' doesn't exist.

Edited by somedude3488: n/a

Awesome! I'll look at those tonight and tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to do this... what works on a dev machine will often not work on someone elses! LOL

I'll post fixes as soon as I can!

I tried the new code and it seems to work. Overall I would say it can be a useful tool to procedural coders.

A few things I found that you might think about doing:

- Make the code PHP5 strict.
- Make the forms work without ajax. Some people don't use javascript and have it disabled.
- There are sql injection vulnerabilities in the script. They need to be fixed.

I would need to test it more thoroughly to find other problems.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.