Im having problems loading content with ajax, the problem its that lets say that I have 2 links on my index.html, one is #page1 and the other one is #games1, well have happens is that if I click on either of them it just loads the same site, even thought both files page1.html and test1.html are different and are located in the server, please take a look at the code below which has a bit of php and ajax.I think the issue might be on line 45 and 46 on the ajax part.

Ajax

var default_content="";

$(document).ready(function(){

checkURL();
	$('ul li a').click(function (e){

checkURL(this.hash);

});

//filling in the default content
	default_content = $('#pageContent').html();

setInterval("checkURL()",250);

});

var lasturl="";

function checkURL(hash)
{
	if(!hash) hash=window.location.hash;

if(hash != lasturl)
	{
		lasturl=hash;

// FIX - if we've used the history buttons to return to the homepage,
		// fill the pageContent with the default_content

if(hash=="")
		$('#pageContent').html(default_content);

else
		loadPage(hash);
	}
}

function loadPage(url)
{

url=url.replace('#page','');
	url=url.replace('#games','');

$('#loading').css('visibility','visible');

$.ajax({
		type: "POST",
		url: "load_page.php",
		data: 'page='+url,
		dataType: "php",
		success: function(msg){

if(parseInt(msg)!=0)
			{
				$('#pageContent').html(msg);
				$('#loading').css('visibility','hidden');
			}
		}

});

}

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

try returning false so that the browser does not navigate away when the link is clicked:

$('ul li a').click(function (e){

checkURL(this.hash);
          return false;
	});

This did not work, what happens now its that if you lick on a link than the url at the top wont change, for example it will stay as www.test.com

what happens now its that if you lick on a link than the url at the top wont change

Yes, that was expected. Why is that an issue? Aren't you tracking the last hash in a variable? Meaning, everytime a link with a hash is clicked you are updating lasturl . If later on I click on a different link that has a hash, then you need to compare the hash on the "current link that was just clicked" against what you previously stored in lasturl . IF they match, then don't do an ajax request (since it is already loaded - should be the current loaded page).

Do you have Skype, I need to show you a live demo so you can see the issue

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.