Hi all,
i need some help to carry the data to another page..this is my code to carry the id

<ASP:HYPERLINK ID="lnkDetails" RUNAT="server" NAVIGATEURL='<%#"Company_vd.aspx?comp_code=" + DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"CmpCode")%>' TEXT="Details"></ASP:HYPERLINK>

it works but i dont know how to use the comp_code on the other page to retrieve other data based on the selected comp_code..it just like view details..

what should i write in the back end code..

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

On the next page Just you need to fetch the comp_code with the help of Request object by following way :

string strCompCode = Request.QueryString("comp_code");

that;s all...

Hi all,
i need some help to carry the data to another page..this is my code to carry the id

<ASP:HYPERLINK ID="lnkDetails" RUNAT="server" NAVIGATEURL='<%#"Company_vd.aspx?comp_code=" + DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"CmpCode")%>' TEXT="Details"></ASP:HYPERLINK>

it works but i dont know how to use the comp_code on the other page to retrieve other data based on the selected comp_code..it just like view details..

what should i write in the back end code..

Thanks fro your response..
but, i should put it in aspx.cs right?
i had put in page_load but error
non-invocable member 'System.web.HttpRequest.QueryString' cannot be use like a method..

anything should i put in together?

Show me the code you had written in Page_Load event. Also pleae let me know what the language you are using C# or vb.Net ?

Thanks fro your response..
but, i should put it in aspx.cs right?
i had put in page_load but error
non-invocable member 'System.web.HttpRequest.QueryString' cannot be use like a method..

anything should i put in together?

i just make some changes to your code and now it works..

string strCompCode = Request.QueryString["comp_code"];

thank you very much rohand =)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.