Hello everyone, I have a shopping site which uses paypal gateway. But i want to use alertpay instead of paypal.

I seen my site code. My site uses this link to connect paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

Can i change this url to alertpay payment gateway url? If i change this url will it working?
Or should i need more code to get it working. If yes can anyone give me tutorial link where i can learn it?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Can i change this url to alertpay payment gateway url? If i change this url will it working?

Not likely. If you changed the URL to point to MY site, then on my site there would need to be a script in place that "receives/processes" the information sent to my server.

If in YOUR original form you had an input field with name="personName" and you were submitting this to paypal and everything worked fine, that's because paypal's script is programmed to "expect/lookout" for a form field named "personName".

Since you are now changing the url to MY site, then on my site, it is very likely that the processing script is looking for a DIFFERENT field name - like name="fullname" .

That means that you need to find out which fields MY site is expecting and then change your form fields accordingly.

That's the reason these companies publish the documentation. You need to read it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.