hi !
I am working on a project Online Bus Ticket Booking System. I want to add online payment module. Have no Experience . Anyone can tell me the basic steps ....

thanks in advance!

hi !
I am working on a project Online Bus Ticket Booking System. I want to add online payment module. Have no Experience . Anyone can tell me the basic steps ....

thanks in advance!

Nikita,
First, you (or your client) will need to select the type of payments you want to process. By that I mean eCheck (ACH) and/or credit cards. Once you have decided you'll need a merchant account for each.

Second, you'll need a payment gateway that can connect your bus ticket booking application to the payment processors you selected in step 1.

There are several gateways to choose from:

www.authorize.net
www.eprocessingnetwork.com
www.gotobilling.com

You should try to base your decision on price, support, easy to use interface and the availability of extensive developer tools. I hope this helps!

Steve Roderick, CEO

Nikita,

Are you using your own shopping cart for check out or are you using an off the shelf one.
If off the shelf talk to them about what gateway their cart integrates with (probably authorize.net as they are the largest).

If you are developing your cart in house then you have your choice of which gateways to work with.

The next step is to get a merchant account.

My advice is to contact merchant warehouse (http://merchantwarehouse.com) they can set you up with a gateway and merchant account. If your shopping cart is being developed in house then you can integrate it with their payment gateway which is free, thus saving you $5-$25 per month.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.