When i try to debug the vs 2008 solution i am unable to start debugging. I get the below error message.

Unable to start debugging on the web server. <html><head><title>Server Application Error</title></head>
<body><h1>Server Application Error</h1>The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.</body></html>

Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start Without Debugging. You may also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the online documentation.

Any fix/solution for this issue would be appreciated.

This error is quite frustrating.. Anyways just make sure that your ASP.NET State Service is running. If the error will not resolve then visit below link..

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa290100.aspx

When i try to debug the vs 2008 solution i am unable to start debugging. I get the below error message.

Unable to start debugging on the web server. <html><head><title>Server Application Error</title></head>
<body><h1>Server Application Error</h1>The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.</body></html>

Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start Without Debugging. You may also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the online documentation.

Any fix/solution for this issue would be appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.