Hi all,

I m newbie in .htaccess i am using .htaccess to make url SEO friendly.

I can access admin in localhost of my pc. but when i put all this files to my server i can't access admin. it shows me white blank page. without any message or error.

Please help me out to solve this problem. here is my .htaccess code.

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule admin$ admin/index.php
RewriteRule admin/$ admin/index.php

RewriteBase /exotic/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteRule ^fleet/(.*)/$ fleet_car.php?fl_id=$1 [QSA]

RewriteRule ^service/(.*)/$ services.php?s_id=$1 [QSA]

RewriteRule ^exoticcars/(.*)/$ exoticcar.php?e_id=$1 [QSA]

as i wrote rule for admin it works only in my localpc but didnt work with my server.

my site url is www.mysite.com/exotic

my site admin url is www.mysite.com/exotic/admin

Please help me out asap.:S

Thanks in advance. !

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for Zagga

Hi pbcomput,

Some webhosts are quite strict with what they will allow in .htaccess files. My previous host for example wouldn't allow me to customise them at all.

Contact your host and ask them if you are allowed to add your own .htaccess files.

Hope this helps.
Zagga

Hi Zagga,

my host allow me to put htaccess file.and all of my .htaccess rules are working fine with this .htaccess for example - RewriteRule ^fleet/(.*)/$ fleet_car.php?fl_id=$1 [QSA] rule for get url SEO friendly. and i got that url.

so, my problem is that i can't access admin panel. it seems that i done some mistake to write rule for admin panel. please help me to correct admin rule for .htaccess.

Thanks in advance.!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.