Hey guys,

I was hoping that someone might have some experience with less-powerful CMSs. I'm looking for an education industry-specific CMS that has integrated supported for course pages/scheduling; a student database for grades, classes, and the like; and, ideally, a setup for students in the States to register for classes before coming abroad.

I looked at Campusuite and Ektron400.NET, but both are out of the company's (ideal) price range and include some unnecessary features -- does anyone know of a lighter version?

Many thanks,
Ian

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

There is a open source option Hippo CMS, however it hasn't got specific features like Campusuite that directly targets education organizations. Another option is Blackboard that is specifically targeting education system and if I understand it correctly it should be free for schools( while I was studying at university we had it, but not everyone like it. Made they improved it over years)

I found myself using frogcms, when I was in the need of a small cms, which is easy to customize.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.