Hi I am having problem connecting to my sql2000 database. The database is on a MS Server 2008. I had no problem connecting to my other server Server2003. I selected '.Net Framework Data Provider for SQL Server', entered my server name, and selected 'Use SQL Server Authentication'. But when I clicked to select a database name, it's not there (Server not responding). I suspect that my server2008 is not accepting my connection due authentication failure? Thanks for you help

Tom

Hi I am having problem connecting to my sql2000 database. The database is on a MS Server 2008. I had no problem connecting to my other server Server2003. I selected '.Net Framework Data Provider for SQL Server', entered my server name, and selected 'Use SQL Server Authentication'. But when I clicked to select a database name, it's not there (Server not responding). I suspect that my server2008 is not accepting my connection due authentication failure? Thanks for you help

Tom

Problem solved! On the Advanced Properties, I had to select Named Pies for the Network Library. My connection string would be:
"Data Source=MyServer;Initial Catalog=MyDatabase;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=MyUserID;pwd=MyPassword;Network Library=dbnmpntw"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.