Hey there...Well I am using checkboxes to post the multi-dim array; but the thing is When I retrieve & explode it directly ,It shows an error

Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\test24.php on line 12 NULL

So If I do use 'for loop' to take one array at a time from the clicked checkboxes & then explode; It works.. but thats the problem, I dont want a single dimension arrays as the output.. I want the output to be the multi dimensional array format; the same way how I assigned them to the checkboxes

I was hoping sumone might checkout the code below & letme know How can I explode & still retain the multidimensional array?!!

thanks,

<?php

session_start();

if(isset($_REQUEST['submit']))//---- form is submitted -----
      {

$tab = $_REQUEST['tab'];

var_dump ($tab);

$extent = explode("::",$tab);      //Direct Explode

var_dump ($extent);

for($i=0;$i<count($tab);$i++)

{

$extent = explode("::",$tab[$i]);  //Single arrays
      //echo '<br>'.$tab[$i]." is checked.";

var_dump ($extent);
     }

}

?>

<html>

<form method="POST" name="myform2" action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>">

<?php $table = array(

array(1,'XYZ',13.59,94,06.73,92.53),
      array(2,'YZX', 19.87,84.78,12.59,76.45),
      array(3,'XZY',24.72,74.55,20.15,68.35),
      array(4,'YXZ' ,12.75,77.37,08.18,74.86),
      array(5,'ZYX' ,32.46,76.93,29.53,73.87),

);

?>

<? for($i=0;$i<count($table);$i++){?>

<br><input name="tab[]" type="checkbox" value="<?=$table[$i][0]?>::<?=$table[$i][1]?>::<?=$table[$i][2]?>::<?=$table[$i][3]?>::<?=$table[$i][4]?>::<?=$table[$i][5]?>">

Id : <?=$table[$i][0]?>, Name : <?=$table[$i][1]?>

<? } ?>

<br><br><input name="submit" value="submit" type="submit">

</form>

</html>

tab is already an array. If you want to see everything as a single string then you need implode() not explode()

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.