Keep getting following page error on my laptop but not on my desktop
can anyone help . unable to get complete web page

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.5; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 23:18:35 UTC

Message: Expected ')'
Line: 1
Char: 16090
Code: 0

Wait for the web master to fix the javascript error. You can't do anything right now.

I can't understand why its perfect on my desktop with no errors but only errors on my Laptop

What browser are you using? The error indicates that it cannot be parsed due to mismatch parentheses (in this case it has an open parenthesis but no close parenthesis). Though the error may be something else because the script seems to be a compact script (no new line in the script for smaller script size but bad for debugging). IE error description is also not clear often times.

I am using Internet explorer 8 and have tried the debugging without success , I have also tried Firefox but it is unable to find the final touch which is maps associated to Raceviewer page on the Velux5ocean racer site.Firefox just continues transferring data without closure. I tried cleaning the register with one of the cleaning software programmes also without success. I don't think its a problem with the script writers as it opens successfully on my desktop suspect its some bug on my laptop

OK, so it is the code compatibility, not the missing parentheses. In other words, the code interpreted by FF is fine but certain functionality does not work in IE. Do you have any portion of your code that modify HTML element style? For example, you need to add 'px' when you attempt to set location or size of div element in javascript; however, this would cause problem with IE. There are many small issues (differences) here and there between IE and other standard browsers. May need to look at your code... Hopefully, the code is not too lengthy though...

Thanks Taywin for your perserverance
I'm afraid I don't know where to get code detail only info I have is that I Sent in my 1st request

Hmm... I think it would be very difficult for you to open the file and get to the character 16090 where IE complains about. The script you have is a compacted script (deleted newline character), so it would be even more difficult to look at. However, if you could use a text editor that can tell you the cursor position, please do. If not, there are a couple things you can do in order to get to where the error occurs.

1)Add a newline character behind every ";"
- You could use any programming language to read the file in and replace ";" with ";\n". It could be C, C++, Perl, Ruby, Python, Java, etc. For me, I prefer Perl or Ruby because it is fast and easy to implement.
2)Run the script again on IE and you should see line number higher than 1 with corresponding character location

Once you have done the above (replace and test), you will know exactly where the problem is. Possibly, it is about dynamically setting style visibility (just a guess).