Hi..
I am designing a tabless web page.The page contains 2 div sections.One is for menus and other is to display the contents of the page by clicking the menus.I don't want to use frames and iframes.Is it possible to do it using the div tag? The code I had used is show below.If any one knows please help me..
Thanks in advance...

<html>
<head>
<title>Example</title>
<style type="text/css">

div.left {
	padding: 10px;
	position: absolute;
	left: 10px;
	top: 5px;
	width: 200px;
	height: 595px;
	border: 1px dashed orange;
	background-color: #FBFDCC;
}
div.center {
	padding: 10px;
	position: absolute;
	top: 6px;
	left: 212px;
	height: 595px;
	width: 890px;
	border: 1px dashed orange;
	background-color: #7EF8F1;
}

</style>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></head>

<body>
<div class="left">
<ul>
<li class="style1"><span class="style2"><span class="style4"><a href="#">Home</a>
</span></span>
<li ><a href="contact.php">Contact Us</a>
<li ><a href="help.php">Help</a>
<li ><a href="admin.php">Administration</a>
</ul>
</div>

<div class="center"></div>

</body>
</html>

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Yes, you can but you would need ajax. Your menu link will call a JavaScript which uses ajax to obtain the new page content, and then replace the response content in your right div content. However, user would lose the ability to bookmark.

Another way, which requires refresh the page, is that all pages on your link will use the same lay out. In this case, users will literally visit the page while the page all looks as if there exists a menu, and the user can bookmark; however, the whole page will be reloaded.

Thank you..I had done it using AJAX..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.