i dont know if im suppose to post it here or in the C# form, but since im using it in a ASP.NET projet ... i'll write it here.

how can i send an SMS from a PC to a phone, and in details please, explaining EVERY step
thanks you.
and is it free?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

For this you need to use some SMS gateways and for this you need to pay amount. It's not free. Visit below link it has nice example..

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/SendingSMS.aspx

i dont know if im suppose to post it here or in the C# form, but since im using it in a ASP.NET projet ... i'll write it here.

how can i send an SMS from a PC to a phone, and in details please, explaining EVERY step
thanks you.
and is it free?

You need a SMS gateway, they are not free, the is clickatell.com , they will expose a web service and you will consume a webservice that has methods to send an sms, but you need to buy the sms bundles

i dont know what you mean my 'sms gateway'.

to tell you my resorces ...
i have a phone ... and internet. thats it.

i read around and i read that there is a free way, but the telephone company don't tell you that its free. i read that its free through a service.

i think thats what i understood from that. but wasnt sure, so i posted this.

and rohand ---> i already read that but it ddnt help me alot

thanks 4 replying

in which country as you ? There are some other webservices that are exposed and they are avaiable in certain countries not all and they have limited credit because everyone uses them, so i will conclude by saying you can send an sms for free , you need a gateway , and a gateway can only be provided by Service Providers like your web hosting company, Mobile Company and other Sms gateway Service Provider like

www.bulksms.com

www.Clickatell.com

i have looking for a way to attract uses to send free sms's for my site, since i am in South Africa , that was not possible , the only way is to but Sms bundles.

Hope i helped

The following link will help you.
Link

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.