hi everyone,
I'm new to Ajax, can anyone please help me in creating --Dynamic dependent cascading select using Ajax.
It should not use asp .net, I need to add the code in a text field to generate this kind of cascading customized field.

eg. initially we need to populate a select list from database. Then, on selecting an option the next select list needs to get populated with corresponding values, then again on selecting..the third list needs to get populated --this should happen dynamically(with no page refresh).

Please provide suggestions/help. :(

Thanks in advance.

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by pritaeas

Something like this ? You can see the jQuery code you need, however, you still need to provide 3 pages to return the contents as a JSON array.

Correct, I need something like this..thanks a lot, but I need to interact with database & without php can we do this.. i.e connecting to database using Ajax..?

Please help/....:'(

You need something running on the server, PHP/ASP.NET, to do the querying. Because javascript runs on the client, theoretically it would mean that all database actions could be done by anybody without you controlling it. Not recommended.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.