Hi, I’m a new comer at this forum.
I got a printing problem with crystal report; I can’t directly print the document/ report from the crystal report printing function.
I build this web base reporting program with asp.net 2.0 using CrystalReportViewer control.
As the report designer I use Crystal Report 10.
I’ve managed to view the report. But, every time I press the print button, it returns/ shows nothing.
But starts from few days ago, each time I clicked the print button, a message box that request to install PrintControl.cab shows up.
To avoid that message keep showing up I add those lines of code at the Web.Config :

<configSections>
<sectionGroup name="businessObjects">
<sectionGroup name="crystalReports">
<section name="printControl" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, Custom=null"/>
</sectionGroup>
</sectionGroup>
</configSections>
<businessObjects>
<crystalReports>
<printControl>
<add key="url" value="http://172.16.20.xxx/ServerName/PrintControl.cab" />
</printControl>
</crystalReports>
</businessObjects>

It works, the message box didn’t show up again, but still it didn’t solve my printing problem.
Now every time I click the print button a small window with "Cristal Report Viewer" title on it, shows up for few seconds before automatically close it self and print nothing.
As temporary solution for this printing problem, I export the report to PDF or MSExcel and print using their printing function.
But not every document allowed to be treated like that; they must be printed directly at that time (to prevent multiple printing).
How to print directly from CyrstalReportViewer?
So, does anyone have solution or suggestion for my problem?
Thanks …

Hi Kiran

Have u resolved the error? We are also facing the same problem and unable to find the solution. If u found a way to do it, pls let me know the solution. my mail id is nileshagni@yahoo.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.