Hi,

I am new in PHP world and know some basics. I have a database where date wise entries to be made by users. I would like to get results in month wise total. e.g. I have these columns in the database: fleet_no, fueling_date, quantity, price. Now I want to see the fuel price for each month in a table shape. Can anybody help me with writing a code to get desired results like. total consumption in Jan, Feb, Mar...

Thanks,

Asad

Recommended Answers

You could do something simple to help understand the needs sql statement (SHOW CREATE TABLE ) and the table . And give an example of the usage you need (if I am that and I request that I should get that).

Jump to Post

All 2 Replies

You could do something simple to help understand the needs sql statement (SHOW CREATE TABLE ) and the table . And give an example of the usage you need (if I am that and I request that I should get that).

That is more of MySQL or rather SQL question than PHP.

$sql = "SELECT fleet_no, fueling_date, quantity, price FROM table_name WHERE  month_column = '$submitted_month' ";
mysql_query($sql);

You have to add another column month_column

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.