i can't get my head around how i am suposed todo this really i am stuck i have looked on tons of forums mostly this forum and what i would like to do is if a person goes on this link play?p=rLoYvtMNlO then it will load the data from that row the video_id rLoYvtMNlO it will load things like title tags media links
and because alot of these video_ids are being made they need to connect to the right id and load the right page
i hope you get where i am coming from
Thank you if you can help me with this

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by videoscape

Hello, maybe I didn’t understand something correctly. With $_GET["p"] you will have the video_id that you are looking for {you could check first that there is a p var in url { if(isset($_GET["p"]) } } . Then the flow is simply MySql commands that if you need help with them just publish the table structure and the logic of the query and we could help.

this is mysql export if you want it tell me if want anything else there is no script because i dont know whwre to start

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 3.3.9
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
--
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Jan 31, 2011 at 06:51 PM
-- Server version: 5.0.77
-- PHP Version: 5.3.2

SET SQL_MODE="NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO";

--
-- Database: `beta_videos`
--

-- --------------------------------------------------------

--
-- Table structure for table `videos`
--

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `videos` (
`video_id` varchar(20) NOT NULL,
`title` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
`description` varchar(100) NOT NULL,
`tags` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
`id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`name` varchar(200) character set utf8 collate utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
`type_src` varchar(6) character set utf8 collate utf8_unicode_ci default NULL,
`type_new` varchar(6) character set utf8 collate utf8_unicode_ci default NULL,
`date` datetime default NULL,
`number_of_images` int(3) default NULL,
`duration` varchar(10) NOT NULL default '00:00:00',
`size` decimal(10,2) default NULL,
`video_quality` varchar(16) character set utf8 collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '0',
`audio_quality` varchar(16) character set utf8 collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '0',
`display_size` varchar(16) character set utf8 collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '0',
`mail` varchar(200) character set utf8 collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '0',
`converted` varchar(25) character set utf8 collate utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL default 'No',
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=85 ;

--
-- Dumping data for table `videos`
--

A prepared statement query to do using PDO
Lets say that
Data Base name: $database
Host: $host (localhost)
Data Base User Name: $dbUser
DB password: $dbUserPasswod

<?php
if(isset($_GET("p"))
{
  $db = new Pwf_Data_Db('mysql:dbname=$database;host=$host,$dbUser,$dbUserPasswod');
  $query = "SELECT * FROM videos WHERE video_id = ?";
  $statement = $db->prepare($query);
  $statement->execute($_GET("p"));
  $result = $statement->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC);
  if(count($result)>0)
  {
    // I found the row in database , for example duration is $result[0]["duration"]
  }
  else 
  {
    // I didn't found anything with that p (video_id) in database so I should do something
  }
}
else 
{
  // Do something if there is no p in get
}
?>

sorry
not

$db = new Pwf_Data_Db('mysql:dbname=$database;host=$host,$dbUser,$dbUserPasswod');

but

$db = new PDO('mysql:dbname=$database;host=$host,$dbUser,$dbUserPasswod');

i have got an error with that code
[Mon Jan 31 19:34:39 2011] [error] [client 80.3.23.180] PHP Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in /var/www/html/play.php on line 7

I must admit that I wrote the example rather quickly , the correct example is

<?php
if(isset($_GET["p"]))
{
	$db = new PDO("mysql:host=$host;dbname=$database", $dbUser, $dbUserPasswod);
	$query = "SELECT * FROM videos WHERE video_id = ?";
	$statement = $db->prepare($query);
	$statement->execute(array($_GET["p"]));
	if($statement->errorCode()!="00000")
	{
		$error = $statement->errorInfo();
		throw new Exception($error[2],(int)$error[0]);
	}
	$result = $statement->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC);
	if(count($result)>0)
	{
		//I found the row in database , for example duration is $result[0]["duration"]
	}
	else
	{
		// I didn't found anything with that p (video_id) in database so I should do something
	}
}
else
{
	// Do something if there is no p in get
}
?>

i got another error [Tue Feb 01 09:03:21 2011] [error] [client 80.3.23.180] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'No database selected' in /var/www/html/play.php:11\nStack trace:\n#0 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/play.php on line 11, referer: http://www.videoscape.org/

Thank you for helping me though this

You must set first $database (the database name) , $host (the host , usally localhost) , $dbUser (the name of the db user that has access to that database) and $dbUserPasswod the password of the user.

i got another error [Tue Feb 01 09:03:21 2011] [error] [client 80.3.23.180] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'No database selected' in /var/www/html/play.php:11\nStack trace:\n#0 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/play.php on line 11, referer: http://www.videoscape.org/

Thank you for helping me though this

Boss...somebody can tell you and guide you how things can be done...You are looking for quick-fix solutions. If you have a video site. You must go for long-term solution. If u r an entrepreneur, you must be willing to put in hours. Without learning PHP how r u expecting the others to write code for u.

The vision you have for your site nobody else has. I would advise learn some PHP.

From the thread I can make out you are not even able to debug the basic errors that are coming through.

i fixed it and the site is running well i just got the hardware needed and the convertions done

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.