Hello all, i have a strange problem, i use a multi files uploader on javascript and flash http://code.google.com/p/pirozek-yaps/source/browse/trunk/pirozek-yaps/plugins/uploadify/files/?r=30 SWFUpload jQuery Plugin v1.0.0 Copyright (c) 2009 Adam Royle. This is that script, and when i use

mysql_select_db()

function in script for add url of uploaded file to database the status on this script don't working, when I comment or delete this function the status bar of upload is work fine.
with gratitude, Flinthabbit

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You need to give the name of the db you intend to use in this function

mysql_select_db('<db_name>')

If you are, then check if you are connecting to the mysql server using mysql_connect correctly.

I use it like this

$link = mysql_connect($DBSERVER, $DBUSER, $DBPASS)
or die("Can't connect");
mysql_select_db($DB, $link) or die ("Can't select DB");

is it right? if it is, then script doesn't work correctly and I don't know why :(

This is correct, but for debugging purposes you should replace your error messages by something meaningful, viz. mysql_error()

$link = mysql_connect($DBSERVER, $DBUSER, $DBPASS) or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db($DB, $link) or die (mysql_error());

thank you for your answers, but it don't help me, because with mysql connect and db select all okay. This script show the status of upload file like that: file in order turn (if file wait it's turn to be uploaded), loading (if file uploading now) and the done status (if file finally upload and save, and script can upload next file in turn). But in my case i add some functions for resize uploaded images and add URLs of file to database. When i did that the script work good but the status don't change on done when file is finally upload, resize and add to db, status viewing that file still be in loading, but next file is already start upload. the status don't changing on "done" in any uploaded file. may be somebody know what can prevent to changing status?? thanks to all

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.