Hi I'm using the Thesis Theme with my Wordpress site.
I was editing my custom_functions.php to create a custom footer, and after I saved got the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/content/71/6936571/html/XXXXXXX/wp-content/themes/thesis_18/custom/custom_functions.php on line 39

Since then I have copied and pasted the original .php from the thesis theme folder, that had been saved to my desktop. The same error occurs even thought it's back to the same original code.

Here is the original code which I've put back in but still having the issue!

<?php

// Using hooks is absolutely the smartest, most bulletproof way to implement things like plugins,
// custom design elements, and ads. You can add your hook calls below, and they should take the 
// following form:
// add_action('thesis_hook_name', 'function_name');
// The function you name above will run at the location of the specified hook. The example
// hook below demonstrates how you can insert Thesis' default recent posts widget above
// the content in Sidebar 1:
// add_action('thesis_hook_before_sidebar_1', 'thesis_widget_recent_posts');

// Delete this line, including the dashes to the left, and add your hooks in its place.

/**
 * function custom_bookmark_links() - outputs an HTML list of bookmarking links
 * NOTE: This only works when called from inside the WordPress loop!
 * SECOND NOTE: This is really just a sample function to show you how to use custom functions!
 * @since 1.0
 * @global object $post
*/

function custom_bookmark_links() {
    global $post;
?>
<ul class="bookmark_links">
    <li><a rel="nofollow" href="http://delicious.com/save?url=<?php urlencode(the_permalink()); ?>&amp;title=<?php urlencode(the_title()); ?>" onclick="window.open('http://delicious.com/save?v=5&amp;noui&amp;jump=close&amp;url=<?php urlencode(the_permalink()); ?>&amp;title=<?php urlencode(the_title()); ?>', 'delicious', 'toolbar=no,width=550,height=550'); return false;" title="Bookmark this post on del.icio.us">Bookmark this article on Delicious</a></li>
</ul>
<?php
}

Can anyone help?

Is this complete? Also, please put them in the CODE tag..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.