Hi. Currently I am running a phpbb forum off of a server, and I was givin a javascript for a simple clock with date.

I would love to learn how I can implement a second one, which reflects the exact time of another location across the world.

i.e. a clock that shows the forum time, and a second one that shows Japan's time.

it doesnt have to be java, but flash is fine too. as long as i can customize the digits and date.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This is the PHP forum so i can give you advice if you wish to use PHP, you could use the time() function:

time()

And then just add or subtract as many hours as there is difference between the timezones :)

I'm working with a phpbb forum, and I'm really new at this. So I see the php code, but how exactly do i implement it into my files so that the date and time shows?

there's the php file and then the tpl file which I have to work with...

If you're using javascript, then this would better belong in a javascript forum, I assume; *moving*

whichever works. so any java people out there can help me with this?

I wrote some Script that you might be able to use. It's located on our KIGR clan page at www.kigr.com . Look at the top link on the left side of the page "Members Page and Contacts". I color coded the map to correspond to the lines on the world map. Let me know if it's what you are looking for.

Later,
[KIGR] Mordrid

Hi. Currently I am running a phpbb forum off of a server, and I was givin a javascript for a simple clock with date.

I would love to learn how I can implement a second one, which reflects the exact time of another location across the world.

i.e. a clock that shows the forum time, and a second one that shows Japan's time.

it doesnt have to be java, but flash is fine too. as long as i can customize the digits and date.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.