i am trying to submit a form in javascript,
and then process it in php. and it will not work. can you please help? this is the code:

<?php
if ($_POST['markcomplete']=='yes'){
		$taskid=$_POST['taskid'];
		$query="UPDATE tasks SET status='0' WHERE uid='$id' AND id='$taskid'";
        $result=mysql_query($query);
		if ($result){
			echo "<script>location.href='?goto=taskmanager'</script>";
		}else{
			echo"fail";
		}
	}
while($row=mysql_fetch_array($result)){
if($color==1){
?>
<form name='markcomplete' method=post>
<input type='hidden' value=yes name=markcomplete>
<input type='hidden' value=<?php echo $row['id']; ?> name='taskid' id='taskid'>
<td style='width: 200px;text-align: left; padding-left: 20px;'><?php if ($row['status']=='1'){ echo"<a href='javascript: document.markcomplete.submit();' class='task'> Mark complete</a>"; }else{ echo"Complete!"; } ?></td><td>
</form>
<?php
$color="2";
}else {
?>
<form name='markcomplete' method=post>
<input type='hidden' value=yes name=markcomplete>
<input type='hidden' value=<?php echo $row['id']; ?> name='taskid' id='taskid'>
<td style='text-align: left; padding-left: 20px;'><a href='javascript: document.markcomplete.submit();' class='task'>Mark complete</a></td><td style='width: 30px;'>
</forM>
<?php
$color="1";
}
}
?>

i think there is something wrong with the javascript, but im not sure. please help

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,

Firstly, do you have to use JavaScript to submit the form? This isn't especially useful for users who do not have JS enabled.

The problem I would think is because you have the element "markupcomplete" twice in your source code, on lines 24 and 25. It is possible that the JavaScript is trying to submit the input element, rather than the form.

R.

hi

give the name to the forms n submit it

document.forms["formname"].submit();

may this will help...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.