Hello -

I'm fairly new to RoR, and after installing version 2.3.9 and trying to run a sample app, I get the errors below. I've been trying to find solutions for the past two days, but no luck.

Has anyone run across this error before and/or know how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.9/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:466:in `load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant ActiveRecord::BaseWithoutTable (NameError)
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.9/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:106:in `const_missing'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:29:in `gem_original_require'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:29:in `require'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.9/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:182:in `require'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.9/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:547:in `new_constants_in'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.9/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:182:in `require'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:29:in `gem_original_require'
from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:29:in `require'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/rails.rb:147:in `rails'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:113:in `cloaker_'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:149:in `call'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:149:in `listener'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:99:in `cloaker_'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:50:in `call'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:50:in `initialize'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:84:in `new'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:84:in `run'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/command.rb:212:in `run'
from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:281

Contributors
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Taywin

Hmm... What version of your Ruby? I believe it has to be at least 1.87 or higher, or maybe even 1.9... How did you install it? What platform are you using?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.