loganwasif005 0 Newbie Poster

hi,
i m not a good designer in my learning project i want to use HTML template in asp.net page
i create an empty website and add index.aspx web form
now i want to ask is i have to past all the html of the template into <form> tags or i have to create new form tag ..
i m using AJAX and in update panel is have login but my validations are not working when ever i click on login

code --------------------

<form id="form1" runat="server">
                             <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
                                                     </asp:ScriptManager>
                            <asp:UpdatePanel runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
                            <ContentTemplate>
                                &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
                                <asp:Login ID="Login1" runat="server" BorderColor="#000099" BorderStyle="Solid" 
                                    BorderWidth="2px" Height="123px" onauthenticate="Login1_Authenticate" 
                                    RememberMeText="" Width="288px">
                                    <TitleTextStyle ForeColor="#0000CC" />
                                </asp:Login>
                      </ContentTemplate>
                        </asp:UpdatePanel>
                        <asp:UpdateProgress runat="server">
                        <ProgressTemplate>
                            <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/web/loading.gif" />
                            <asp:Label ID="Label3" runat="server" Text="processing...." Font-Bold="True" 
                                Font-Size="Medium" ForeColor="#04078E"></asp:Label>
                        </ProgressTemplate>
                        </asp:UpdateProgress>
                         </form>
                   	  <div style="clear: both"></div>
                    </div>
        		</div>
</form>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.