Any suggestion what's the best tab to use in loading external pages(html). Im also thinking of adding multiple subtabs within parent tab.

I really need expert's opinion on this matter. Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You may need 'frame' or 'iframe' to load another HTML into your page. However, you will loose certain access functionalities using 'frame' or 'iframe' due to security.

How about iTabs or jquery tabs? Will it still retrieve data from a database and load it in each tab without losses?

Showing data on same page and loading new html page is all different things.

If you need to load data from database you will probably not need iframe. Ajax can do it easily.

If you want to load new html page onto your current html page then you can only do it with iframe (which is already mentioned above)

First clear yourself what you exactly want.

Both, I think. Im planning to integrate client side and server side operations in a web page. Still confused tho.

Thanks for explanation btw. I think I'll be using ajax.

Both, I think. Im planning to integrate client side and server side operations in a web page. Still confused tho.

Thanks for explanation btw. I think I'll be using ajax.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.