Hey guys. hope everyone is doing well. I am trying to make a custom asp.net server just for the heck of it. turns out its quite a task!. I managed to get some code off the internet for a simple server, but it doesnt support asp.net pages. I looked into cassini, but then I might as well use IIS. My question is, is anybody aware of any server source code that I can get, modify it as I please and compile it and run my asp.net pages on it? Alternatively, is there a way that I can add asp.net support to my existing server(the server is in c#...). I have done a lot of research on the net, but coudnt find anything. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

To develop a web-server is not big task but to add support for web-app (asp, asp.net, jsp, php) is quite complex task. In case of asp.net, you need to write your own modules and handlers (and ISAPI extensions and filters) so that your web-server recognizes request and forward it to modules/handlers (plugins).

I see. I was looking into that a little but could not find anything in c# that i could just add to my existing c# server. Any links/tips on that of where I could start? Thanks for the reply :). Appreciate it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.