Hi,

I have a question about Javascript suckerfish menus, but first, I should state what I am using, now:

Currently, I am using a standard CGI form redirect to allows users to chose a state. The drop-down menu contains 50 states, and scrolls when necessary to display all the names. The site I am using this on is:

www.findachiropractor.com

The CGI perl script simply takes the form input and redirects the user to the state page. All pages are static pages. Each state page has a uses a similar CGI form menu to select the city.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have seen suckerfish menus and like the fact the hyperlinks can be included so the state pages can easily be found when spidered. The problem I have is this, the menu would have to be scrollable.

Does anyone here have a link or name of a script, page example or anything else where a SCROLLABLE suckerfish menu can be found. I have searched 20-30 listings on SE's and cannot seem to find any references to suckerfish menus that can be scrolled the same way as a form menu can be scrolled.

Thanks,

Pete

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

in the second level menu put a height and overflow:auto in. that should work, though I haven't tested it. You might need an extra div, but I'm not sure how that would validate...

Some sample code without doctype: (coding in notepad on a uni computer, so missing all my usual assists!)

<html>
<head>
<title>hello</title>
<style type="text/css"><!--
ul ul { width: 100px; height: 4em; overflow: auto; }
--></style>
</head>
<body>
<ul>
<li>Hello <ul>
	<li>subitem1</li>
	<li>subitem2</li>
	<li>subitem3</li>
	<li>subitem4</li>
	<li>subitem5</li>
	<li>subitem6</li>
</ul></li>
</ul>

</body>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.