When working in a C IDE I can simply click on view disassembly to view the assembly code. Does PHP have an equivalent? It looks like Opcodes are as low - level as one can get but I wanted to verify.

Secondly,
What is a good IDE to view the low - level representation (opcodes?), I currently just installed Eclipse.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I do not believe that you will be able to find a IDE that converts php code to assembly however you would be more likely to find a converter for php to C if you look hard enough since php was written in C. The reason why I say php to assembly converters probably don't exist is because of the shear amount of work to create such an IDE. However it would be rather simple to convert php code to its original C source so I'm sure there would be at least a couple out there.

Thanks,

I know Facebook uses a tool to convert PHP to C++. So perhaps this is the best route. See what the code looks like in C or C++ and then find a way to convert it to assembly.

I found a site that explains opcodes and I'm not 100% sure on this but it looks like the
y are used by a virtual machine to create the machine code.

Not sure how opcodes(they look PHP specefic) relate to C but I think that going from PHP to C to assembly is one method of optimization.

Thanks,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.