I seem to have an error updating a checkbox using an SQL Query.
I am trying to get the box to be checked if equal to 1 and unchecked if equal to 0.

My database is updating correctly, but the checkbox is not.

<input type="checkbox" <?php if ($row['create_event'] = 1){ echo "checked='yes' value='check'";} else{ echo "checked='no' value='unchecked'";} ?> name="option1" > Create Event<br>

I call

echo $row['edit_event'];

before executing this line and it returns 0

I call

echo $row['edit_event'];

after executing this line and it returns 1

This makes me think that my if statement is really updating that row instead of performing a check. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

hopefully this will help you to solve this problem
i give you an example :

$val = 1;

now the html code is :

<input type="checkbox" <?php if($val == 1) { ?> checked="checked" <?php } ?> name="chk" />

i think you did a bit mistake in your code,
use this

<input type="checkbox" <?php if ($row['create_event'] = 1){ ?> checked="checked" value="check" <?php } ?> value="unchecked" name="option1" > Create Event<br>

In if statement you should use relational operator(==) instead of assignment operator(=). So replace this line

<input type="checkbox" <?php if ($row['create_event'] = 1){ ?> checked="checked" value="check" <?php } ?> value="unchecked" name="option1" > Create Event<br>

with this line

<input type="checkbox" <?php if ($row['create_event'] == 1){ ?> checked="checked" value="check" <?php } ?> value="unchecked" name="option1" > Create Event<br>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.