So I was asked to integrate live webcasting in the next version of this website and I have no Idea. I did little reasearch and bump, I only hit shoutcast.
May I ask anyone with Idea on good webcasting software for live internet Audio and video broadcasts to throw out. Something like Software X (free) software Y (commercial)

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You need more than php to make this work. This link provides a discussion with some additional links for more info. If you want to stream to many end points then you need something fairly sophisticated.

If you need something smaller scale with a closed audience, then you could look at a web conferencing solutions like Mikogo. The free version handles up to 10 end points. If you pay, you can get up to 25.

Member Avatar for diafol

I use ustream from time to time to deliver live online lessons.

Thanks Friends.
@Chrishea,
I'm looking at the link
@Ardav,
Is it hard to set up?

More explanations: It is going to be public web broadcast, do number of people will depend how popular it will be
Thanks again!

Member Avatar for diafol

No - sign up for an account and get the embed code for your site. It's free and has got a chat widget so viwers can interact with the deliverer. It also allows you to record the cast and upload it. I imagine there are a lot of other sites that offer the same. I used to use selfcast, but I think they've gone bust.

Thanks a lot.
Just another question, is there anyone who has used shoutcast?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.